Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Chaos Dragon Decklist

So basically this post is about my deck that I have used during our Nationals, I was about to make a deck profile with Mike Ting but I can't find him so I will do it myself xD.

So here is my Asia Format Chaos Dragons:

Basically it looks similar to most Chaos Dragon decks with some tech choices which I believed that are a big factor on my finish during nationals, I will explain my card choices below:

Tragoedia - the reason I chose this card is because it could help me survive against the mirror match when my opponent foolishly attempted to end the game immediately I will just drop this and he can't get over it then on my turn I will punish him for over extending.Remember the time that LS ruled the game? The mirror match is usually decided on when a player drops his best monsters on the board, in this case if my opponent over extended I will be saved by tragoedia if I have it in my hand,then on my turn I could steal his monsters via it's effect or get rid his boss monsters with my own.Another good reason to run this card is obviously it can change levels so I can use him as an XYZ material depending on situations.


Instant Fusion - well before this card is not included in my main deck but after I have seen Malaysian Champion Sung Lee's decklist I tested it out.This card game me a lot of moves during the nationals it saved me a lot of times.It could help in making XYZ that you need rank 4 or rank 5 also this card could produce a monster that can be tributed,you lack a dark attribute monster in your graveyard?no problem this card gives you that for a cost of 1000 and tribute it for Lightpulsar Dragon or Darkflare Dragon.You can also use that monster as a material to synchro summon a Brionac or a Catastor.The most important part is it makes your in hand Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon alive,by paying 1000 life points you can summon Darkfire Dragon and banish it to summon REDMD.I would like to thank Sung Lee for this one.


Mind Control - well basically I added this card because of the mirror match since I expected a lot of Chaos Dragons in the tournament.Usually they will leave their Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon on the field if they do I will just take it from them then use it's effect and banish it for my own REDMD.Also it can be used for getting rid of pesky XYZ like Crimson Shadow and Zenmaines.


Mystical Space Typhoon - I used 1 because I feel like having it in my main deck gives me a chance against rogue strategies like Gravekeepers and Dark World which are really hard to fight without any S/T destruction besides Heavy Storm and sometimes Lyla and Ryko are not enough against them.


D.D. crow - I sided this dude because I need to side against Inzektors which are not that hard if you can prevent their equip cards.For those who don't know you can activate D.D. crow in response to the activation of the effect of an Inzektor monster,if you remove their only Inzektor in their graveyard let's say Inzektor Hornet they are forced to equip another Inzektor in their hand if they don't equip any monster you have a chance to verify their hand and you can use that information to decide if you can kill him next turn or not.


Malevolent Catastrophe - This card is sided against Samurai,Rabbit and Gravekeepers or any other decks that rely so much on their S/T.Since this card is no longer that popular it have caught many players off guard during nationals,I only put this in my deck if my opponent goes first.


Royal Decree - same to the card above the difference is I am using this card if I go first instead of Malevolent Catastrophe.


So that's it for my decklist if you have any other questions just leave a comment below.






1 comment: